Everest base camp trekking trail via helicopter flight landing allows you to visit the base camp of Mount Everest in a single day. Indeed, Everest Base Camp Trek via Lukla flight is the best option to get close views of the Mount Everest within a limited time in their hands. Even it is an alternative way to reach the foot of the worldwide highest Mount Everest.
As you reach via a flight from Lukla, you do not have to pass through huge blocks of mountain glaciers and ice of the Khumbu valley and other nearby big mountain peaks. Once you reach at Lukla via flight, you will go forward towards Phakding. Later on, you should follow a downward rail by passing through a large number of Sherpa farmlands and villages followed by uphill towards the Namche Bazaar at about 3440meters, while climbing to the Tengboche’s hilltop village.
To complete your tour to Sherpa settlement, you should follow the trail up to Dingboche. Later on, on your acclimatization day, you will get the opportunity to explore the famous Nagartshang Hill. Finally, the trekking tour involves ascending to Kala Patthar at about 5464meters to get majestic views of the entire Himalayan range. These include Mount Everest, Mount Lingtren, Mount Pumori, Mount Lhotse, Mount Changtse, Mount Khumbutse, and Mount Nuptse and many more.
- Stunning views of mountain glacier and ice covered Khumbu valley and nearby mountain
- Shopping and other enjoyable activities at Namche Bazaar
- Scope to climb the hilltop village of Tengboche
- Ascending to Kala Patthar and explore the nearby Nangkartshang Hill
- Scope to get majestic views of Mount Everest, Mount Lingtren, Mount Pumori, Mount
- Lhotse, Mount Changtse, Mount Khumbutse, and Mount Nuptse
Day 01: Arrival to Kathmandu international airport and transfer to you hotel.
Day 02: Fly to Lukla & Trek to Phakding 2652m. 4 hrs.
Day 03: Trek From Phakding to Namche 3450m. 5/6 hrs.
Day 04: Rest day
Day 05: Trek from Namche to Tengboche 3860m. 5-6 hrs
Day 06: Trek from Tengboche to Dingboche 4350m. 5-6 hrs
Day 07: Rest day explore to the Chhukung 4710m. and back to Dingboche 4410m.
Day 08: Trek from Dingboche to Lobuche4910m. 5-6 hrs.
Day 09: Trek to Everest Base Camp 5365m.then back to Gorakshep 5181m. 6-7 hrs.
Day 10: Hike up to Kalapathar 5545m. 3 /4 hrs. and Helicopter to Lukla.
Day 11: Flight from Lukla to Kathmandu.
Day 12: Departure from Kathmandu.
- Airports pick up and drops
- Accommodation in Kathmandu with breakfast
- Accommodation during the trek
- Meal on full board (breakfast, lunch and dinner) during trekking
- Experienced government license holder trek guide and porters to carry your luggage
- Accommodation, food, drinks, salary, insurance, transportation of trek guide and porter
- All necessary paper works and national park entry permits
- TIMS Card (Trekker's Information Management System card) all additional government tax
- Helicopter from Gorakshep to Lukla
- Domestic flight both ways from Kathmandu/ Lukla/ Kathmandu.
- Nepal entry visa fee
- International air fare
- Personal Travelers insurance
- All kind of drinks (Alcohol, hot and cold drinks)
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu
- Bar bills, telephone bills and other personal expenses (shopping/ laundry)
- Tips for guide and porters
- All expenses due to unavoidable events e.g. flight cancellation, personal illness, strike etc.
Land at the Kathmandu International Airport where you will be greeted by our tour representative. Check-in to the hotel. Relax.
After breakfast, we take an early morning scenic flight to Lukla by a Helicopter. After landing at Lukla we start our trekking journey. The trek slowly starts by the downhill towardsCheplung village from here appreciate the view of Mt. Khumbila, a holy mountain which has never been trekked. Then the trail descends again. Reach Phakding. Overnight at Lodge.
After breakfast, we trek through a pine forest. Then the trail ascends to north through the Benkar valley. Crossing Dudh Koshi River as well as Chumoa and Monjo villages we arrive at the Everest National Park. From the park, we climb on a steep path enjoying the incredible views all around us. Reach Namche Bazaar, the largest town in the Everest district. Overnight at Lodge.
Today spend the day to get acclimatized for further trekking journey. We can wander around
Namche Bazaar and hike to Sagarmatha National Park. Here we appreciate the sunrise over the
Himalayan ranges such as Mt. Everest, Nuptse, Lhotse, AmaDablam, Kongde, Thamserku etc.
Then visit the monastery and Hillary School. Overnight at Lodge.
today our trail goes downhill to the Dudh-Koshi River. Enjoy the landscapes of mountain peaks like Mount Everest, Nuptse, Lhotse, AmaDablam, Kongde, Thamserku etc. Pass along the rhododendron forests reach Tengboche. Here we visit Tengboche Monastery, the biggest monastery in the region. Overnight at Lodge.
After breakfast,the trail descends through lush forests of conifers, birch, and rhododendrons. Today also we trek surrounded by the great views of Mt. Everest, AmaDablam, and Lhotse. Then the route descends to Devuche. Cross the Imja River to arrive at Pangboche. The upper Pangboche route gifts us with a more natural view of the Himalayas and the Pangboche Monastery. Move further to the Imja Valley, Lobuche River and lastly, climb to reach Dingboche. Overnight at Lodge.
Today again we spend the day to get acclimatized for the strenuous trek ahead. Here stroll in the beautiful village with a range of fields of barley, buckwheat, and potatoes. We can do day hikes to either Chukkhung Valley or Nagarjuna Hill to experience amazing scenes of Makalu, Chalotse, Tawache, Lhotse, and AmaDablam.Overnight at Lodge.
After breakfast, we begin the trail with a gradual ascent to Duglha. Then we ascend a steep path to hupkiLhara surrounded with stones and prayer flags. Further, we proceed to the Khumbu Glacier moraine and witness several prominent peaks like Lingtren, Khumbutse, Pumori, and MahalangurHimal. Then an easy trail takes us to Lobuche. Overnight at Lodge.
Early morning, we begin the strenuous trek due to its tough high-altitude climate. Also, the trail today is complicated so we diligently follow our lead Sherpa. We trail via rocky dunes, rivers, and moraine. Finally, arrive at the Everest Base Camp. Upon reaching the base camp you will be stunned to view the magnificent environment with a panorama of Nuptse, Khumbuste, and Pumori. After spending some time here, we
trace the same route to reach back to Gorakshep. Overnight at Lodge.
Today early morning we trail along the chilly winds towards Kalpathar. En-route enjoy breathtaking views of peaks including Khumbutse, Lingtren, and Changtse to the east. Reach Kalapatthar (5,545m/18,192ft) and here you will be amazed by the 360-degree up-close and grand panoramas of Mt. Everest. Enjoy the never before views and take some pictures then return to Gorakshep.
From Gorakshep, we take a helicopter ride to reach Lukla. Spend rest of the day to relax. overnight at lodge.
Today we take an early morning flight to Kathmandu. Spend the day at leisure. In Kathmandu do the souvenir shopping or we can explore famous sites of Kathmandu.overnight at the hotel.
After breakfast, transfer to Kathmandu International Airport for your flight back to home with lots of cherished memories.
From Kathmandu - Lukla - Kathmandu flight may be delayed by few hours or even canceled due to bad weather condition. So, you should be prepared for such flight delays or cancellations. But we will do our best to avoid such conditions. In case of flight cancellation, we will try to get you on the flight for the next day. Getting early flight for the next day may not be possible during the high season so, we can arrange flight by helicopter as well but it will be an extra cost. If we have a group of 4- 5 people, we can charter a helicopter from Kathmandu – Lukla. It will be advisable to have extra days in Kathmandu before and after the trekking. We can arrange you cultural / adventure tours (such as sightseeing tours, rafting, jungle safari, with extra cost if the extra days are not used for the flight conditions to Lukla and back.
If the flight is delayed and canceled for several days which could disturb your onward journey, you are free to choose trekking in Annapurna, Langtang and other regions and we are Halesi Treks arrange the alternative trek.
I was a solo trekker and was looking to complete the trek in 11 days including arrival and departure. My return plan was taking a helicopter from Gorakshep to save time and get ariel views. However, no company was giving me confirmation of heli ride for a single trekker. This is when I contacted Man Kumar Tarang who gave me a very competitive price for my plan.
1) Competitive pricing
2) Arranged return on a shared helicopter (nobody else was willing)
3) Was quick to send all information and communication
4) Hotel and guest/tea house arrangements were as best as possible.
5) Man Kumar Tarang has good contacts with the helicopter companies. When flight from KTM to Lukla was canceled, he was quick to get a seat for me for a very low price. Others were stranded for 1-3 days.
6) Man Kumar kept in touch throughout the trek, calling every other day to find if things were going well.
7) He gave right advise to take the helicopter back to Kathmandu (my plan was only till Lukla and then flight) which helped me not miss my flight out of KTM
8) He helps me rent the sleeping bag, so I didn't have to worry arriving in KTM and shopping around.
Prakash was the best porter cum guide one can have. He kept my needs in priority throughout the trek.
1) Prakash maintained the pace of the trek keeping my stamina in mind with proper rest stops.
2) He would make sure to serve the meals, get hot water, tea. In two of the guest houses, he was able to get me special meal outside the menu.
3) He was my photographer and took good pictures without much instructions.
4) He would make sure to confirm with all the guest houses before arrival, get a room with no sharing and bring blankets if not provided.
5) He helped me in difficult terrains and without his help, I could not have made it to Kala pathther. He literally pulled me countless times to climb big rocks and motivated throughout the trek.
6) On the last day, he kept in touch with the helicopter service provider to get the earliest ride possible.
I will highly recommend Halesi Treks and Prakash as guide, if you are planning solo or group trek in the Himalayas, especially if you plan Helicopter service.
Gautam Kumar, United Kingdom
The below-given cost is per person and the below-given Everest Base Camp Trek (EBC) and Helicopter to Lukla fixed departure dates are available for you. If the given date is not favorable then please contact us and we will happily customize your trip on dates more appropriate for you.